Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day #20.




Flying away from the current place I call home is such an amazing feeling. The escape from past weekdays of bullshit at work are hundreds of miles behind me, I've just reached 32,000 feet above the ground and a great sigh of relief is exhaled as I prepare for a great weekend.

I still remember my first flight, it was out of Pittsburgh heading to St. Louis for Basic Training.  I listened carefully to the attendants as they briefed us on emergency procedures, and politely took the complimentary pretzels from the stewardess. After all, these would be the last pretzels I'd be eating for at least a few months. Not knowing what was going to happen next was scary and exciting at the same time. [Note to self: the landings always sound like the plane is going to snap into pieces, you'll be fine.]

Until the next plane out of here, I guess I'll just have to keep on keeping on...




124 days reamining.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, could you blog some more??? I like reading your stuff!!!

Chris said...

Still no new blogs. Why why why?